If you find your skin suffers during the cold, hard…
We all love our comfort foods. The mac and cheese, the meatloaf, the chicken noodle soup, and there’s nothing better when it comes to getting you through those cold winter nights. But now it’s spring, and while the corn flake casserole will always hold a special place in our hearts, we seem to need a little less comforting and a little more health. Suddenly the idea of a salad becomes much more attractive.
If you find this to be the case more and more lately, not to worry. There are enough salad recipes for lunch dinner and all stops in between. Here are a few recipes for some tasty spring salads.
Strawberry Chicken Salad
- Take two large boneless, skinless chicken breasts , cubed, and place into a skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinaigrette over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is brown, about 10 minutes. Remove chicken and let cool.
- Place one bunch of fresh spinach into a salad bowl. Scatter 1 pint of sliced strawberries, 1 package candied pecans and four ounces of goat cheese over the spinach.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons each of olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette over and top with chicken. Serve lightly chilled or warm.
Sweet Salad with Maple, Nuts, Seeds Blueberries, and Goat Cheese
- Toss 3 cups of fresh romaine lettuce, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup dried cranberries, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds. 1/4 cup walnut pieces, 1/4 cup feta cheese, and 1/4 cup goat cheese in a large bowl.
- Top with a 1/4 cup maple syrup, 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar, and 1/4 cup grapeseed oil. Toss until coated evenly.
Springtime Spinach Salad
- Place two eggs in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover. Boil and remove from heat immediately. Cover, and stand eggs in hot water for 12 to 15 minutes, Remove, cool, peel, chop, and set aside.
- Cook 4 slices of bacon in a skillet over a medium high heat until evenly brown, Drain and crumble. Toss eggs, bacon, 5 cups spinach, 1 cup sliced strawberries, 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, 1/2 thinly sliced onion, 1 slice kiwi, and 1 mandarin orange into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix 1/4 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tablespoons cider vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard. Season with a dash of garlic powder, pepper and salt. Pour mixture over the salad, and top with croutons.
Chicken Avocado Salad
- Combine 3 diced avocados with 1 pound diced grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast, 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion, and 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
- Pour 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing over the top. Mix until everything is evenly distributed.
Pineapple Rocket Salad
- Mix 4 cups arugula leaves, 1/4 pineapple, peeled, cored and chopped, 1/4 cup red onion, and 1/4 cup fresh cilantro in a large bowl. Whisk together 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 2 teaspoons maple syrup, and1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Pour dressing over salad.
We hope you enjoy these spring salads. Let us know if you try them and let us know what your favorite spring salad recipes are.