As you’ve probably noticed, there has been an influx of…
“I have that stardom glow.” This is a direct quote from Jennifer Lopez. We all want JLO”s beautiful complexion, but we can’t all have stardom. So what do we do? Sometimes, we need a little help. You may have considered love making, happiness or pregnancy as a means of getting that JLO glow but, unfortunately, these are not always realistic options. But don’t worry, we do have access to products and we can manage our routine. You may not be a star, but you can still shine like one.
- Cleanse: Cleanliness is next to godliness, (or goddessliness). You can’t glow when your skin is clogged with dirt, make-up and heavy lotions. Use natural cleansing lotions and water. Clean your face and body morning and evening and use a spray mist after for extra brightness.
- Exfoliate: Exfoliation removes dead skin cells which can stop skin from achieving that “natural glow”. It also makes it easier for the skin to absorb moisturizers and helps to avoid blackheads and pimples. When it comes to exfoliation products, you want to go mild. Look for products with glycol or lactic acids. Don’t overdo it with anything unnecessarily harsh. There are natural balms available made from oatmeal and almonds or acai which are very mild.
- Apply hydrating products and drink water. Try to get in two liters of H2O a day, if your bladder can stand it. It boosts the immune system and reduces dryness and wrinkles. Remember, 15% of our skin is made from water.Remember, from water we come, to water we will return. Never underestimate the power of water. As for hydration products, the best ones contain hyaluronic acid gel. Hyaluronic acid bonds with water and acts as a natural filler in your face. Who wouldn’t want that?
- Use a rich body cream: The denser the better. If you turn the jar upside down and the cream doesn’t budge, chuck it in your basket.
- Use highlighter all over: You can smooth it over your feet for sandal days or on your thighs when you go to the beach. A volumizing stick is handy for this kind of application.
- Lube up: Oils do wonders for your skin whether it is oily or dry. Acai oil, Moroccon argan oil and rose hemp oil are all natural and great options for your face as is coconut oil for your body. They work best on damp skin, so consider adding some to your bath or use them in your shower.
- Eat: Load up on protein rich foods like blueberries, pomegranate, spinach, parsley, salmon, almonds and kefir. Get a daily dose of Vitamin C to keep away dark spots and enhance collagen production.
- Detox: Accumulations of toxins can cause skin to appear dull. Try a 30 day fruit and veg detox diet plan to help the body cleanse and improve liver, kidney and colon function. If that sounds too drastic, a warm glass of lemon water is also known to help with detoxification. Salt, sugar and alcohol can also cause the body to retain water, so try to avoid these or at least give yourself a five day break to flush them out of your system.
And FYI: JLO swears by exfoliation. Keep shining!