The term chemical peel is not a pretty one. In…
Are you a salad person? Salad people are people who enjoy the act of eating but don’t like to gain weight. Therefore, their meal of choice is a salad. Salad people like nothing better than a huge bowl filled with endless amounts of spinach, fruits, lettuce, cabbage, and other plant based foods thrown together with a light dressing, with perhaps a few odd bits of protein for sustenance. It is fair to say that salad people may dream in salads. There may be people who want to eat nothing but salad for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even dessert! And they can! Here are some ideas for all the salad people out there who want there their three squares in all colors of the rainbow.
Summer Breakfast Salad
- Let chopped apples and bananas a marinate in pineapple juice.
- Add in sliced kiwi and strawberries.
- Mix into peach pie filling and serve.
Lunch Romaine Salad With Bacon and Tomatoes
- Cook 4 slices of bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crisp. Place on a towel lined plate. Let cool and break into pieces.
- Toss 1 head Romaine lettuce, 4 sliced scallions, 1 cup grape tomatoes and bacon with 4-6 tablespoons creamy parmesan dressing or bottled Caesar.
Dinner Kale, Apple, Almond, and Chicken Salad
1. Combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon rind, 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, ! teaspoon Dijon Mustard, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in bowl and whisk. Place 2 tablespoons of the mixture in a large ziplock bag, reserve remainder. Add 12 oz skinless, boneless chicken thighs and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes, turning bag on occasion.
2.Place a large skillet over medium high heat and coat with cooking spray. Remove chicken from bag. Pat chicken stay and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place chicken in pan and cook 5 minutes on each side until done. Let stand and cut into thin slices.
3.Combine 6 cups of kale, 2 medium carrots, peeled and diagonally sliced, w thinly sliced celery stalks, and 1 apple cut into 1/4 inch thick slices in a large bowl. Sprinkle with almonds and top with1/4 teaspoon pepper. Serves 4.
Dessert: Strawberry Cheesecake Salad
- In a large bowl, beat together 16 oz of softened creams cheese, 1 cup of powdered sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract with the hand mixer. Beat in16 oz cool whip until combined.
- Fold in 16 oz of sliced strawberries, 2 sliced ripe bananas, and12 oz of raspberries. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle top with 3 tbsp. crushed graham crackers. Serves 10.
If you didn’t see the salad of your dreams here, let us know what it is! We’re salad people, too!